In Year 1 we provide:
- A rich topic based curriculum which enables all skills to be taught through a range of exciting and varied experiences.
- Cross-curricular links across different subjects. Each term’s learning is based around a central idea i.e. ‘Amazing Animals’, looking at how we look after animals and investigating what it would be like to be a vet!
- Stunning starters- which launch the topics including visits or visitors and ways for children to have first-hand experiences to fantastic finishes which celebrate what the children have learnt and achieved.
- A curriculum which enables the children to ease into a new way of learning from the Foundation Stage, and which then prepares them for the transition into Year 2.
- A curriculum which is tailored to the children’s individual needs, setting personal targets in line with our high expectations and which enables the children to celebrate the progression they make.